Sunday 1 September 2013

Snacks are good!

If you are anything like me you will need a little pick me up snack inbetween meals, one which won't make your blood sugar go through the roof then crash in an hour. My secret to snacking is to keep it under 100 calories, and obviously as clean and healthy as possible. We have all been told from a young age never to eat inbetween meals, but snacking can actually raise your metabolism and help you to lose weight. Plus, if your satisfying your hunger your less likely to indulge in something you shouldn't whilst waiting for your food to cook.  



Here are a few of my favourite snacks, all under 100 calories and fairly healthy. You should try to stick to fruit if possible to try and achieve your 5 a day. As I work full time and lead quite a busy lifestyle I need snacks that I can just grab and go, no time consuming snacks that need to be prepared first hand. 

Snack a Jacks come in a variety of different flavours and sizes and are great to snack on, from savoury to sweet you are bound to find a flavour you like. 
Hartleys Sugar Free Strawberry Jelly is one of my favourites, feels like such an indulgent snack but only contains a mere 10 calories and no added sugar.
Kallo Chocolate thins taste amazing, if your craving chocolate then these would be perfect for you, plus you can have two. These come in milk and dark chocolate. 
Tesco Popcorn, these come in a variety multipack with the flavours sweet, salted and sweet and salty, they are all under 100 calories. 
Thai Chilli rice crackers, I picked these up from holland and barret, although they are quite high in calories, if you have 20g of these you will be under 100 calories. Yummy! 

Thanks for reading, if you have any questions or would like to appear on beautifullytoned then please email me at 
beautifullytonedxx@gmail.com

Stay beautifullytoned
katie
x




9 comments:

  1. I can't eat that with my diet!!! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So on Monday I'm going to try the slim fast diet where you can have three snacks, two shakes and one meal, since ill only be having a shake at brekfast what snack do toy recommend will be filling for me, I want a low calorie snack but something to fill me :( xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya, personally I think you should stay away from slim fast. They're soooo bad for you and as soon as you go back to eating normally you put the weight straight back on. If you need a plan to follow then slimming world is good :) I'll be writing a post on my slimming world experience soon. Although the best thing you can do is to eat healthy and exercise more :) that's what I'm doing and it's working. You need to lose weight slowly and steadily otherwise you will just put it all back on. Slimming world is a great way to learn about foods and what you should avoid eat more of/avoid, hope that helps. If you want a little more help feel free to email me at beautifullytonedxx@gmail.co.uk and I will help as much as possible xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh really! Maybe ill leave slim fast then haha, I'll give slimming world a go! It seems to be working by your IG pics! I just need motivation! I'm such a bad snacker! Then when it comes to my lunch break I normally just grab a sandwich from tescos, it's not normally the healthiest either! I think I need to move away from bread? As that's high in carbs an cals?!

    I just have no clue at all haha! :( xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did do slimming world, ai'll write a seperate post about that. But now I'm just exercising and eating moderately healthy and not as much as I was before, there will be a seperate post on thst too. I personally think slimming world will be good for you to start of with. It gives you encouragement and teaches you about the foods you should eat more off. Some people avoid bread personally I don't and it has never given me problems. Hopefully this blog will help you lots :) xx

      Delete
  5. i love snacks! just yesterday i've got some snack a jack's and i think that will be now my favourite evening snack :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kallo chocolate thins are great too, especially when your craving a little chocolate, you can still snack and lose weight, eating more often and smaller portions actually raises your metabolism, helping you to lose weight :) xx

      Delete